WHAT’S IN A VISIT?
Aidan can’t wait to come visit your school! She’ll share with your students an interactive presentation on her process including:
- Making and Editing Picture Books
- Ideas for Coming up with Ideas
- Character Design
- Her own struggle as a young reader/speller, and her path to storytelling
Aidan brings props including her character models, preliminary sketches, dummy books and printer proofs.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Aidan has geared each of her 45 minute presentations for different grade ranges:
- grades 3-5
- grades 6-8
Visit her Activities page ahead of time for downloadable & printable book fun!
WHAT DOES SHE NEED?
- a screen
- a projector for her Keynote presentation
- an easel for some quick drawings
- a display table handily located so she can access props
Aidan does up to five 45 minute presentations in a day, with a 15 minute break between, and 30 minutes for lunch. Ideally the students will come to her at a single location where she can remain set up.
Check out the Canadian Society of Children’s Authors, Illustrators and Performers (CANSCAIP) for great ideas, tips and Q&A for teachers considering bringing a children’s author to present at their school.
2018/2019 School Visits:
- $250 one 45 minute presentation
- $400 two 45 minute presentations
- $500/half day - three 45 minute presentations
- $700 for a full day (five presentations at one school)
Aidan lives in the Gulf Islands so most author visits require considerable travel time including a ferry. Accordingly, she waives any standard travel fees for schools within an hour drive of Sidney or Crofton, BC, when booking half or full day presentations.
Questions? Contact Aidan
Let her know where you are, what grades your students are in, a range of good dates for you, and any other important information about what you’re looking for. She’ll get back to you as soon as possible!